We’re a dynamic recruitment, search and career consultancy for the marketing and advertising sector in London and around the world
Find a job
“It has always been a pleasure to work with DNA both as a client and a peer. DNA is considerably more than an average recruiting consultancy.
They are headhunters with a distinctive ability to spot opportunities and connect the right talent with the business. Ali and his team are incredible judges of character, highly committed, insightful, considerate and knowledgeable. DNA will put you forward if you are the right fit for the role and will guide you through the recruiting process from A-Z.”
“When I signed up with DNA 5-6 years ago, I was expecting to receive the same mediocre treatment that is a common practise within the recruitment sector. However Ali and the rest of the team @DNA went to huge lengths to meet my specific requirements for my new role. From the initial meeting, to the interviews, they provided every aspect of support, interview tips & encouragement, to quick follow up with the employer and feedback to me. Thanks to DNA I got my job @Mercieca Ltd nearly 5 years ago and I never looked back.
And needless to say, DNA have been supporting Mercieca Ltd recruitment needs for many years now. They have provided us with sound and consistent recruitment solutions for our Advertising and PR Personnel. Their approach has always been to understand the exact needs of our business to ensure the calibre of candidates presented reflects their professional yet flexible service. I highly recommend the services of DNA.”
- Thinking about Cannes
- So next week our industry leaders, and many followers, will be sunning themselves in Cannes and basking in the glory of their creativity as the Lions week, now called the International Festival of Creativity, kicks off.According to the website, the awards 'set a global benchmark for what good creative looks like' and the annual Festival 'connects those with a similar vision'. But what do you think? Have you been? Do you think it is a worthwhile event or just a giant networking opportunity in the sun? Does the best creative always win?This year the speakers include Pharrell Williams, various entertainers and countless senior people from top global brands, such as Coca Cola and AOL. There are industry specific seminars and training, so you can learn something if you want to, and of course the awards ceremony itself is the main event. But will you really bring back much that you can apply to the day job or will it just come home with a tan and some new names in your contact list?Just the other day The Guardian ran this article questioning whether Cannes Lions celebrates the worst rather than the best of advertising. Articles like this make you wonder if Cannes is losing credibility and is now perceived as less serious than SXSW Interactive, the annual 'digital fest' in Texas.The author of the Guardian article was Tom Goodwin, Senior Vice President of Strategy & Innovation for Havas Media. So he must have a pretty good view on it. He seems to think the awards are focusing on the wrong thing. He hints that the previous winning ads have shown that as an industry we have lost touch with reality and have little understanding of the markets and 'real people' we are talking to. However, the introduction of the new Glass Lion award, indicates that there has now been an acknowledgement of our influence on larger culture and that we are very much in touch with what is happening right now. According to the Cannes Lions website, 'This award was created in partnership ...
- Join us!
- Ready to join a winning team? So we're nearly half way through the year and it certainly has been busy. We've really enjoyed seeing the impressive growth of so many of our clients and we are growing too. Just this month we've welcomed two new team members and we're looking to hire more. So if you know of any great recruiters looking for something new, please send them our way. Our referral fee applies to this too. If we hire the person you introduce us to, we pay you £250 - once they successfully complete their probation period. Perhaps you are a recruiter already or are considering becoming one. Why not give us a call? We are currently looking for: Consultant / Snr – Events & Experiential Consultant / Snr – Account Handling, Digital and Direct Senior Consultant – ATL & Creative Agencies, Account Handling We are also always keen to hear from grads or anyone looking to break into the business. You could join us as a Resourcer and we'll give you all the training you need to help you develop as a Recruiter. The benefits of joining DNA include: Continued self-improvement training Competitive salaries Fair bonuses rewarding excellent work Incremental benefits; company trips; days out/clubbing/travel etc. Expenses for client events Ride2Work scheme Opportunities for PR, blog writing, speaking – grow your personal profile (marcoms support) Good holidays & birthdays off Benefits differing depending on targets Create own marketing plans around the sector We love meeting like-minded people, so get in touch if you think you'd like to join our team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and she'll answer any questions....
- Introducing Matthew
- 2015 is shaping up to be a big year for DNA. We have the new website, new brand and we're also continually adding to our team of consultants and resourcers. Earlier this week, we introduced you to Tom and today we want you to meet Matthew. Matthew Jarrett has just joined us as a Resourcer for Technical & Delivery. He will be supporting consultants and available to assist candidates and clients whenever needed. Matthew is a graduate from Roehampton University, where he spent the last three years studying Drama and creative writing. Matthew is an expressive individual who is always looking to learn from his experiences and build relationships with the people around him. During his time studying, Matthew was an integral part of the Roehampton Players, the performing arts society where he was given the opportunity to write and direct his own theatre production as well as performing in a number of original and adapted stage shows. Matthew also loves to be social and spends much of his free time with his tight knit group of friends exploring London's most aesthetically pleasing hot-spots. A love for collaborating with people, overcoming challenges and his naturally competitive spirit drew Matthew into the world of recruitment and he has ambitions to rise up the ranks here at DNA to become a senior consultant. He believes he has the work ethic and drive to get there - and we think so too. Having spent time teaching English in Partizanske, Slovakia and Spain, Matthew is no stranger to adapting to new situations so should fit in quickly. As an aspiring "writer-of-some-capacity" he also has a keen sense of intrigue for the world around him which carries over into his professional life adding a more personal touch and enabling him to quickly build lasting relationships. And that is why we think he will do ...
- Meet Tom - our new consultant
- Introducing our latest new recruit - Tom Playford. Tom has joined us today as Senior Consultant for Digital Delivery/Tech & PM. Tom is an experienced recruiter and had a very successful few years at Digital Gurus. Tom says he is really looking forward to working with the team at DNA because everyone shares his mindset - 'put client and candidate relationships first'. Tom has an honest and open approach, as we all do, and he prides himself on his innate ability to listen to clients, understand their business and works hard to ensure he supplies them with the very best talent. Tom hasn't always been in recruitment. He started out in television, working in transmission for Ascent Media and Turner TV. By 2010 he realised he couldn't see his future in TV and that is when he joined Digital Gurus. They were just a small team back then, but Tom did very well and rose through the ranks very quickly. It was during this time that he discovered he had a natural aptitude for connecting with clients and candidates as well as a keen interest and understanding of the business. These qualities combined are what contributed to Tom's success and before long he was developing and managing key accounts. By 2012, Tom was appointed Team Leader of the Technical team and was responsible for growing this area of the business and focussing on permanent hires. It was at the end of 2013 that Tom felt ready for a break and took a sabbatical to go travelling with his wife. He returned to Digital Gurus afterwards, but later realised he was ready for a new challenge elsewhere. We are happy to say that Tom felt that his next move should be to DNA and we are confident that his knowledge and experience will be put to very good use in our Digital team. So if you're looking for your next move in Digital or have a brief, please give Tom a call. You can reach him ...
We’re a highly motivated team with an infectious entrepreneurial spirit. We love meeting like-minded people so if you’d like to join us get in touch.Get in touch