INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE
Remote work, United States
$300 - $500 per day
Infrastructure & Emerging Tech Freelance
They are seeking talented and experienced Roblox developers with a passion to enter the immersive realm to join their team. The ideal candidates will be Roblox native programmers who are passionate about creating best-in-class Roblox experiences.
As a skilled Roblox developer you bring the following skillset and characteristics:
- Roblox Native: 6 – 10 years of experience on the platform.
- Lua proficiency: 6+ years of Lua and Luau knowledge
- Coding: Ability to write and maintain clean and efficient coding, designed to be scalable; allowing future updates, events, and progress.
- Programming Experience: Created game features from ideation to launch and bug fixes.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience of dealing with stakeholders and other teams.
- Quality: Pride in the produce, thorough bug testing and quality assurance.
- Passion: You have a passion for creating world class and captivating experiences on the platform, pushing the envelope out and striving to create the best experiences.
- Collaboration: Working with other developers, designers and creative teams to create world class experiences catered to the individual need and requirements of the assignment.
As a Roblox Developer in this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate: Work with Creative and Product teams to scope and deliver game features.
- Programming: Take direct accountability for game features from planning to delivery. Design, develop, and maintain clean, efficient, and scalable code.
- Stakeholder Management: Work directly with clients to help translate their KPIs and brand into gameplay experiences.
- Bug test: Coordinate with QA leads and product managers to validate the reliability of your features, test new features and amend as needed.
- Update and UGC: Take ownership for updates/seasons and UGC release and incorporations within existing and new games.
- Experience using Roblox Studio, Rojo, and GitHub in a team environment.
- Roblox API and Services
- Object Oriented Programming
- CFrame manipulation
- Efficient data handling
- Roblox Lua Style Guide
- Data structures
- Performance optimization and the MicroProfiler
- Cross-platform design
- Familiarity with open-source community tools such as Nevermore, Maids, Promises, Signals, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced applied math concepts
- Experience designing UX flows in Figma.
- Experience making Roblox Studio plugins.
- Experience with custom avatar rigs and character controllers.
- Interest in web development and familiarity with front-end frameworks.
Freelance - $300 - $500 per day
Fulltime/Permanent - $90,000+
This is an amazing opportunity to work with one of the biggest content/game studios in the Roblox market, producing game experiences for some of the biggest brands to adopt the immersive Roblox market. If you are an experienced Roblox Developer looking for the next step in your career, looking to take your passion to a professional level, apply now!
YM - 10903
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately, due to the high number we receive, we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know anyone who might be interested please forward the link to the job advert to them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge, and credible introductions necessary for client-side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles in permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in - New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.
We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert to them or fill in this form.
Fill out the form, attach your CV and we will help you with the next step in your career.
Looking to hire?
We offer a range of support around diversity and inclusion targets, industry insight, salary bench-marking, employee brand perception – all of which will contribute to attracting the best talent as well as maximising talent retention.