INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE
London, Greater London, South East, England
£50,000 + Uncapped Commission
Events And Experiential
Events Business Development Manager-11160
Salary: £50,000 + Uncapped commission
Are you ready to be part of a global powerhouse in media & events? Our client, a prominent player in the industry and is on the lookout for a Business Development Manager to work across an hugely successful portfolio within the investments industry.
As a Business Development Manager, you'll be a vital part of the company's sales team, reporting to the Business Development Director. Your mission? Driving revenue growth and expertly managing sponsorships for these hugely successful events and digital products.
Here's a sneak peek at what you'll be up to:
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Maestro: You'll be securing sponsorships and exhibition revenues that align with the company's portfolio needs while hitting personal targets. Your knack for building and maintaining a solid pipeline of opportunities is your key to success.
- Business Explorer: You've got a sixth sense for generating new business. Identifying strategic selling opportunities and target markets/clients is your bread and butter.
- Account Growth Guru: You'll work your magic on existing client relationships, identifying and converting opportunities for cross-selling and upselling.
- Sales Jedi: You'll be producing top-notch proposals and contracts to streamline the sales process. Your secret weapon? An in-depth understanding of the portfolios product base.
- Team Player: Collaboration is your middle name. You'll work closely with the internal Marketing, Operations, and Production teams to ensure client and event requirements are spot-on.
- Market Maven: You'll become the go-to expert in your market, understanding clients and competitors inside and out.
- Event Enthusiast: Attending the portfolios events and competitor events is all in a day's work.
To shine in this role, you'll need:
- Experience: 2-4 years of relevant sales experience, particularly in SpEx, Media, B2B, or similar industries. You're a pro at handling complex briefs with creative solutions and cross/up-selling.
- Mapping Skills: You can expertly map out the product and client base, not to mention the competitor landscape.
- Stakeholder Whisperer: Engaging with senior stakeholders is a breeze for you, and you know how to acquire new business while growing existing accounts.
- Tech Savviness: A working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems is a plus, and you can lead and encourage your team members to maintain the system's integrity.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A Stellar Communicator: You can articulate your ideas clearly and build strong relationships both within and outside the company.
- Master of Prioritization: You're an ace at juggling tasks, anticipating obstacles, and tenaciously overcoming them.
- Gravitas Guru: You exude confidence and mental agility when presenting solutions.
- Brand Ambassador: You take personal responsibility for maintaining the company's brand.
All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. At DNA we aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful - best regards the DNA team.
To be instantly considered for this role please click apply to send us your CV, and we can then get in touch should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately, due to the high number we receive, we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know anyone who might be interested please forward the link to the job advert to them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge, and credible introductions necessary for client-side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles in permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in - New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.
We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert to them or fill in this form.
Fill out the form, attach your CV and we will help you with the next step in your career.
Looking to hire?
We offer a range of support around diversity and inclusion targets, industry insight, salary bench-marking, employee brand perception – all of which will contribute to attracting the best talent as well as maximising talent retention.