A dynamic Events & Community Manager is urgently needed to join this very active venture capital firm in the city of London. They sit at the cross roads of the innovation that sits in tech hubs across Europe and the City. It's a unique company at a unique time. They are the only digital tech VC that is a public company meaning that they can invest in companies for longer and support them at all stages of their growth.
They believe that Europe can invent the future and invest in some of the most exciting tech startups in Europe.
As the events and community manager, you will be responsible for helping them build a community programme for the entrepreneurs and the wider tech ecosystem. The work would involve helping them to source the next entrepreneur to back, support the teams within their current portfolio and help them develop formats to engage their investors.
Core to this would be running their events strategy, but it would also involve community activities such as social media engagement, managing their newsletter and digital presence.
The role would involve:
- Brainstorming a new event format for a forthcoming event.
- Creating content for their latest newsletter update.
- Sourcing an amazing speaker for an investor event.
- Reviewing how their previous event went and developing a plan to follow up.
- Helping their investors get to the right event, helping them to map out who will be there so they can meet all the most relevant people.
- Posting engaging content on their social media channels.
- Meeting and networking with other conference organisers to ensure they get speaking slots.
- Managing website updates and the news part of the site.
- Ironing out the data of who they met at which conference to ensure their dealflow system is totally up to date.
- Keeping all online databases up-to-date to ensure everyone has correct information about the company
- Entering portfolio companies in for awards to ensure they get the visibility they all deserve.
- Attending meetups to network and meet the most interesting companies in a variety of industries.
This job is for you if:
- You're passionate about helping Europe's best entrepreneurs thrive.
- You're organised. As far as you're concerned anything worth doing is worth getting right and you pay attention to the detail.
- You're ambitious. You don't stop until you have produced something which stands out. You constantly set yourself new goals which ensure you improve and iterate. You volunteer ideas and take the initiatives.
- You're creative. You love building out new ideas. You don't mind taking risks but you never lose sight of the core strategic business goals.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak clearly and you love being around people.
- You're data driven. You can maintain CRM systems and constantly review progress through tracking and reviewing metrics.
- You're a team player. You like to build networks and ensure that your relationships inside and outside the business are built on trust.
- You have 3-5 years of running successful events and community programmes.
You might also have:
- Experience writing blogs and other forms of content.
- Direct experience and great contacts within Europe's vibrant tech community.
What we will give you:
- An environment which will encourage you to thrive.
- Medical Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Substantial Pension Contributions.
- £35-40k depending on experience.
- Perks on Perkbox (one of our portfolio companies!)
This is the ideal role for someone who believes in the potential of technology and has experience in running community events and programmes.
If this sounds right to you, please apply immediately. Please only apply if you've got the right to work in the UK.
- Job Title:
- Events & Community Manager
- Contract type:
- MarketingProject Management
- City of London, London
- £35000 - £40000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
- Contact name:
- Leila Denison-Pender
- Contact email:
- Publish date: