A leading independent global live / brand experience agency is looking for a Business Development Director to help drive new business growth (both organic and new business) for this well established out of town agency.
Our client works with global brands on experiential marketing campaigns that drives footfall and generates brand advocacy. The BDD will report to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for driving and building relationships with prospects and uncovering profitable new business leads and pitch opportunities for both their UK and US offices.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all assigned prospect account contacts
- Build awareness of their value proposition as well as the full breadth of the services they offer.
- Uncover new business opportunities and secure new business in line with agreed sales targets.
- Identify key stakeholders through cold calling/emailing/online research/social media and meeting via targeted events.
- Create pitch budgets by outlining the investment required to win and outlining the resources required to support the pitch and defining timelines. Working closely with Account leads through the pitch process, by regular communication with the assigned pitch team, and ending with debrief and acting on lessons learned through the pitch process.
- Building a pipeline of new business opportunities by working on the 1-5 year plan of tenders coming up
- Record all interactions and company insight in the agency CRM system ensuring all calls, meetings and other interactions with clients and prospects are recorded accurately.
- Presenting the agency credentials and value proposition and provide strategic guidance around the full range of services they offer.
- Deliver a consultancy service offering expert knowledge of how best to meet specified event marketing objectives.
- Gather insights on opportunities and make recommendations on pitch investment
- Support qualified pitch projects through the tender process.
- Being an ambassador for the business brand and uphold their reputation in the industry.
- Regular international travel is expected through attending national and exhibitions and industry events, gathering knowledge on competitor work, creative ideas and industry trends
Is it you?
The BDD will require significant experience in exhibitions, events and ideally experiential marketing, and be an excellent communicator and a proactive team player.
- Be comfortable and confident with delivering pitches to prospect clients by following the agency's pitch process for all new business opportunities.
- Able to create pitch budgets by outlining the investment required to win, the resources required to support the pitch proposal and define timelines
- Can share knowledgeand best practice with the wider business and act as a mentor to junior colleagues.
- Be energetic and act on your own initiative and have passion in what you do. You are innovative by learning from the past but focus on the future, and are a committed member of the team, the agency and their clients and partners you work for/with.
Salary: £90K plus benefits
Get in touch, please send us your CV by clicking "apply" below.
NB - All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Job Title:
- Business Development Director -Experiential Agency -SE England
- Contract type:
- Business Development
- Buckinghamshire, Buckinghamshire
- £80000 - £90000 per annum + benefits
- Contact name:
- Ali Wallace
- Contact email:
- Publish date: