Are you a programming veteran excelling in C++? Do you have shipped games under your belt with coding credits? Are you excited to collaborate with a team of innovative and passionate developers in a seaside games studio that has the well-being of employees at the forefront of our ethics?
We are currently on the look out for a Senior Programmer to join a start up gaming studio. Hybrid and remote options are available.
You'll be bringing your experience and knowledge to our robust coding department. Your work will be exciting and varied as your code touches all aspects of our Stealth Shooter IGI:Origins in Unreal Engine 5.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with designers to translate features into clean and efficient code
- You'll be producing prototypes of game-play ideas to explore their viability
- Your knowledge of new game systems and tools will help us improve performance
- You'll be implementing all technical aspects of games such as networking, animation, effects, UI, audio.
- You'll assess and solve performance and memory issues in an existing code-base
- You'll analyse, re-factor, and improve existing core technology and tools
- You'll serve as a technical expert and provide support and feedback with our other programmers and as part of a larger team
- You'll communicate with our design team and project leadership about the practical and technical concerns of proposed features and content, including time-frames and any relevant technical limitations
- You have one or more shipped PC/console titles with engine or graphics credit
- You have excellent knowledge of C++ and systems design skills
- You're experienced with Unreal Engine programming on published titles
- You have knowledge about engine low-level systems: graphics, physics, networking
- You're a great problem-solver
- You're proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You've achieved a BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience of one or more graphics API
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- Experience with build systems
- Passion for first person shooters
Salary: £60+ plus bonus & benefits
Please note only applicants with the right to work in the UK to be considered
To be instantly considered for this role please click apply to send us your CV, and we can then get in touch should your skills and experience be are what our client is looking for. Job Ref: 10319
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.