Web & Mobile Apps Tester - Fully Remote (UK based candidates only)
DNA Recruit, Digital Agency client is currently seeking for a talented QA Tester (web / mobile apps) to join the team on a permanent basis. Our client works in partnership with their clients to produce digital products and services that create a lasting positive impact.
Our clients' approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems their clients approach them with. If you're looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
- You'll work closely with digital producers, developers, designers, and project managers, ensuring that delivered products meet our high-quality standards and agreed deadlines.
- You will ensure that the quality of the various types of software delivered by internal project teams. Projects vary from content management systems, event mobile apps, ecommerce websites, ticket booking portals and video content distribution solutions.
- As a tester on a project, you will take ownership of the quality process throughout the software lifecycle. This includes preparing test plans, test cases, test effort estimations, maintaining required test data, testing projects across various platforms, web browsers, operating systems and devices.
- 2+ years web testing experience
- Experience working within an Agile or Waterfall development environments
- Experience designing and writing test cases, test scripts and test plans
- Excellent working knowledge of bug tracking software, e.g. Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker or Mantis
- Experience of testing software projects across various operating systems, browsers, devices and environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as the sole tester on a project, as well as in a team
- A healthy eye for detail, the ability to easily put yourself in the user's shoes and suggest improvements and upgrades to the tested software
- Understanding of TDD and BDD concepts
- Knowledge of all cross-browser and mobile devices quirks, limitations and issues
- Interest in UI automation testing / performance and security testing
- Experience of using automated testing tools such as Selenium, K6 or Datadog.
- Understanding of Lighthouse / Google PageSpeed reports.
- ISEB / ISTQB certificate in software testing is considered an advantage
Some of the many perks include!
- Remote working
- Career progression
- 23 days holidays per year plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Positive impact days for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Personal training budgets and dedicated L&D days
- Being a part of an award-winning digital team
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
After reading this advert are you the "perfect candidate"? One size does not always fit all and you might not tick every box, but don't let that put you off applying. To be instantly considered for this role please click apply to send us your CV. This is an exciting role working with an equal opportunity employer, with great benefits and working life balance and we look forward to receiving your CV and will be in touch if your skills and experience are what our client is looking for.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working here and have most of the skills or experience our client is looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what they need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
- Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter