A global brand management agency are looking for a Head of Finance with 4+ years of financial management and managerial experience to run the finance department, and assist in driving change and best practice within the business. If this sounds like a job for you then read on to find out more……
DNA Recruit are working with a client who are an international leading software technology solution provider based in London. They have an impressive list of multi-national clients, as well many internationally recognised advertising and communication agencies who also use their technology for their own client's needs. This global brand management agency provides brands and agencies with the technology to manage and control their marketing communications activities, really exciting digital age stuff and with offices both sides of the Atlantic.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for running the finance department and assisting the CEO, CTO, management team and board in driving change and best practice to accommodate and adapt to the ongoing development of the business. This role will involve managing a part-time account assistant and will be heavily involved in the month end process and report directly to the CEO as well as having the following responsibilities :
- for the efficient management of the finance function and production of timely and accurate monthly group management accounts and the annual statutory accounts; internal and external including preparing the finance section of the monthly board pack.
- driving change in the reporting and systems functions of the finance department and providing additional analysis as required by senior management.
- for providing detailed analysis of variances and commentary of actual vs forecast results.
- for monthly income and profitability reporting / forecasting.
- for the day to day management of cash and other Treasury functions including approving payments.
- for the regular management from a commercial basis of credit control and supplier relationships.
- working with the CEO in operating budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasting to meet the agency's business objectives.
- to assist the CEO to support contract negotiations, apply due diligence and provide solutions to business issues.
- to work with outsourced professional advisors for tax / VAT management, payroll production, pension schemes, audit and insurance and ensure the company's obligations are met with regards to tax and audit.
- to assist the CEO in running the Company to budget/forecast and in a controlled and effective manner.
- to assist the CEO in adhoc projects and reporting that they and the board may require.
- manage several external relationships including bank (at operational level), auditors, tax accountants, insurers and property management agent.
Is it you?
As Head of finance you ideally have 4+ years of relevant financial management/managerial experience, and hold a professional qualification or have excellent all round accountancy knowledge and prior experience.
- Previous experience of working in the software or media industries would be a significant advantage.
- Experienced in and knowledgeable about adapting financial systems and processes to rapid change.
- Experienced practically and have a strong accounting background in the SME sector.
- Innovative and able to challenge the status quo and provide solutions to problems.
- Hard working, hands on and have a positive attitude.
- Good management and people skills.
- A good communicator.
- Diligent with strong attention to detail.
- Strong Excel, accounting (the company uses SAGE) and other systems skills.
Salary: up to £60K DOE (plus benefits) and flexible working from home
This is an exciting opportunity and if you like what you have read above and wish to be considered for this role please click apply and send us your CV, and we can then get in touch should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for. One size does not always fit all, and you might not tick every box, but don't let that put you off applying. An exciting role working with an equal opportunity employer, with great benefits and working life balance and we look forward to receiving your CV. Job Ref: AW10321
Please note only applicants with the right to work in the UK to be considered
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.