Client Team Director
This role is pivotal to the growth and commercial success of the business, it sets direction and tone for how the agency will work to build relationships/ partnerships with their clients.
The Client Team Director is a senior leader responsible for delivering financial growth and profit to the business, through great relationships, brilliant work and an efficient new business and marketing effort.
Responsible for the profitability of the agency and its financial growth through:
- Building a clear strategy and delivering on a plan to achieve the revenue targets, as set out in the 3-year business ambition.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reviewing forecasts and adapting plans for the market trading conditions where viable to ensure a balanced portfolio mix that is robust as it can be.
- Profitability tracking and assessment for all clients (projects and jobs) and a clear understanding of the levers of what makes profitable business the client.
- P&L growth: all key clients to have clear go grow plans to ensure they can strengthen the business with key profitable clients.
- New Business & Marketing Strategy: Have a clear new business and marketing strategy for the group, that delivers effective use of resources into new business to win pitches and grow a new client base in the key areas (as well as winning work with existing clients).
- Lead the teams to deliver excellent work, through understanding clients' business and being able to shape and guide teams to deliver what is needed to win.
- Provide senior client counsel to key clients where it adds value to the relationship and work.
- Create and run a system of assessing client satisfaction and seek to continually improve responses
- Create a client need focussed culture within the agency (making client satisfaction everyone's focus and business).
Team Mentorship, Development, and Inspiring Leadership - create a top-class client team through recruiting and developing talented people who are on a quest to ensure clients are best served.
- Team counsel - provide guidance, support and counsel to the client team and agency - to ensure agency goals are met.
- Team education & development - make it a key priority to ensure that the team are continually learning and developing their expertise to help them do better work.
- Take a recruitment approach that seeks out team members who embody the company values and who bring the necessary skills to help the agency progress and excel.
HOW THIS ROLE IS MEASURED
- Profitable: Achieving a 20% net profit margin in the UK business across clients.
- Growth: Achieving 15% year on year revenue growth across the next 3 years (FY22 to FY25).
- Client Satisfaction: High scoring in the annual client satisfaction survey and having a significant pool of delighted clients who continue to give work.
- Team Satisfaction: Having a happy and effective client team, that inspires the agency as well as the clients.
Key competencies for success in this role include:
- A motivational and inspiring team leader.
- Strong marketing thinking and understanding of brand, creative, communications & digital.
- Good commercial awareness, financial understanding, and ability to identify new opportunities.
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced industry knowledge and experience in food, drink and travel.
- The Client Team Director needs to live and breathe the agency values, as a role model and to inspire others within in the agency to do so.
- For the love of it - be an expert and who is constantly seeking and improving knowledge of food, drink, and travel.
- Strive for more - constantly pushing for more, looking to do things better, challenge the status quo and drive excellence.
- Making it happen - inspiring action, helping remove obstacles to problems and presenting solutions. Ensuring accountability
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.