Would you like to work for one of the fastest growing retail ecommerce agency groups in the world?
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in retail experience design and a global leader in retail display and technology and have ambitious plans to double the size of their business over the next 5 years.
The agency is structured on a micro-enterprise, each run by a Business Unit Director who reports to the Group Managing Director and is part of the leadership team. With this agency having a tougher than normal year, our client is looking for a Business Unit Director (BUD) who wants to define, plan and drive the execution of the next phase. Your duties will include:
- Building a business unit in ecommerce retail and shopper disciplines that defines the blueprint offer
- Own the shadow P&L, driving revenue and managing direct and indirect costs to establish a profitable Business Unit.
- Build a new team, inspired by the agency's core values.
- Coach, mentor and develop talent
- Drive business development and new business
Is it you?
The business is made up of strong entrepreneurial ambitious people who are proactive and agile collaborators. You must have proven experience in either in house in a pure-play retailer, multi-channel grocery or pharma retailer or within an agency with strong pure-play, grocery or pharma eRetail experience and a detailed understand of the retail landscape within the UK and beyond. Other skills and experience they are looking for include:
- An understanding of the various retailers' strategy and how to win with those retailers (specifically within eCommerce) as well as an operational understanding of how to activate online.
- Solid experience in developing eCommerce strategies and playbooks, specific eRetail playbooks and execution of eCommerce strategy.
- Creativity with a focus on digital innovation and technology.
- Understand current traffic and conversion funnel performance to improve ROI.
- Experience in developing and implementing category programmes, brand programmes and retailer events.
- Experience in developing and implementing activations within ecommerce.
- An ability to write a commercial proposition to take directly to retailers or on behalf of clients to take to retailers to sell-in activity.
- An understanding of and experience of online category management including range, assortment, signage and search.
- An understanding of the retail supply chain.
- A strategic mind capable of merging category insights, shopper journey understanding (including missions, barriers, drivers etc) and consumer understanding.
- An understanding of retailer and brand commercial and trading approach and how to structure promotional activity that drives footfall, sales uplift and ROI.
- An ability to think beyond execution and to offer solutions rather than problems.
- Experience and success in establishing and maintaining effective senior relationships, making sure that the Agency is at the top table with key influencers of their business.
- At ease with communicating their own or others' ideas in interesting, inspiring and thought-provoking ways, both internally and externally.
Salary: Up to £110K plus bonus and benefits
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered
If you have enjoyed reading this far and the creative juices are flowing then we urge you to get in touch ASAP by sending us your CV via the link to be considered. The DNA Team will then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for. Please feel free to forward onto anyone who might be interested. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Job Title:
- Business Unit Director -E Retail Agency- London/Leeds
- Contract type:
- Events & ExperientialClient Services
- London, England
- £75000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
- Contact name:
- Ali Wallace
- Contact email:
- Publish date: