Our client a global full service digital agency with 45 offices around the world are looking to bolster their offering further by hiring an exceptional Business Development Director. The agencies principles are deep rooted in; innovation, technology, design, data & marketing.
Reporting to the European board you will own the Marketing and New Business function offering for this ever expanding team of new business professionals, you will need to think like a client and walk in their shoes, know them inside out to take the agency through the sales process and to appointment. Reporting to the Managing Director your role includes:-
* Driving the identification, qualification, response, securing, handover and bedding-in of profitable new business opportunities
* Developing the agency's profile as a leading digital agency
* Creating strong relationships with third parties (existing and new relationships) that help the Agency secure or deliver business for their clients
* Develop as an authority, both within and outside the agency, on all matters relating to the Agency's digital and marketing services
* Demonstrate hunger and drive, leading your team by example
* Continually improve new business processes for improved effectiveness and efficiency's
Is it you?
With at least 10 years experience under your belt, of managing medium to large scale pitches, this New Business Director must be digitally native, with a good sense of humour who cares immensely but who doesn't take things too personally. With the ability to identify and spot an opportunity pro-actively and nurture relationships, who works fast and smart, and to the toughest of deadlines, whilst being respectful of your colleague's precious time, managing responses and outputs to a strict project plan. Our client wants to find someone who:
* Wants to work as part of a team but have responsibility for outbound lead generations and all sales pipeline with the regular support of the board representative for new business who will oversee all bids and pitches.
* Must have experience of working with procurement, intermediaries and clients directly.
* Has experience of managing pitches internally from writing creative briefs, undertaking research, writing presentations and being hands on during the pitch process. You will have experience managing & coaching new business teams developing their careers.
* Outstanding organisational skills are essential as balancing /juggling multiple requirements at any one time is the norm.
* An excellent attention to detail letting nothing slip.
* A big curious, questioning mindset which is brave and unafraid to ask hard questions and challenge others.
* A way with words, a command of language, written and visual.
Shortlisting has begun, apply now to avoid disappointment