Are you able to demonstrate a true commercial mindset, an aptitude for driving real growth from brands? If yes then please read on …..
Our client works to help simplify the way brands and agencies parties build industry knowledge, gain inspiration, make connections and brief each other, which is delivered via a unique mix of digital, content and expert advice. They work with well know entertainment, retail and FMCG brands and are now looking to bolster the team to drive real commercial consistency across the agency, unlocking new revenue opportunities.
With at least 8 years experience within a similar role - media, brand tech environment - the Business Development Director's role will be overseeing the meticulous implementation of its new tech platform strategy on a daily basis and reporting these into the CEO against success and progress. Your main responsibilities include:
- Meeting with and influencing senior client-side marketers to commit commercially
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure true integration of all sales and marketing activity
- Leading the agency through a fundamental transition of its commercial business model towards more ongoing, retained revenue from brands
- Developing a new and significant revenue stream of its recently launched tech platform and opening up new opportunities for the future
- Growing, managing and developing a team to deliver against the agency's fast evolving brand focused sales needs
- Working closely with the product and editorial teams to ensure alignment for maximising commercial opportunity
- Professionally commercialising their flagship yearly event : ticket sales and partnerships
- Overseeing the management of their CRM automation system; and ensuring full team engagement
- Responsibility for forecasting, setting and delivering against all brand focused revenue targets in the business
- Taking the lead in developing a robust model to measure and analyse all activity, leading to accurate KPI and setting and tracking of commercial performance ongoing
- Developing a clear and focused brand-led commercial and sales strategy for the organisation, for both new and existing products and services
Is it you?
- 8 years' experience in a similar role/environment
- Leadership and influencing skills: this role sits at the commercial heart of the business, and ensuring alignment of marketing, product and editorial teams will be imperative to driving success
- Clear and strategic thinker: proven experience of developing compelling commercial strategies, then translating them into clear and actionable plans as well as be deeply involved in the implementation of these plans
- Management skills: overseeing the client focused commercial team and guiding its day-to-day operations - ensuring the continuation to build and strengthen the skills of the department and develop the team through growth
- Analytical skills: to monitor and analysis data to set strategy and drive growth
Salary: up to £80K - OTE £100K
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
For anyone who is interested in this role then please send Ali your CV via the "link" below to be considered. Ali can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.
- Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter
- Job Title:
- Business Development Director - Creative Agency - London
- Contract type:
- Client Services
- London, England
- £70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + OTE £100K
- Contact name:
- Ali Wallace
- Contact email:
- Publish date: