Do you have experience of exhibitions, events and experiential marketing? Are you a good communicator and team player? This might be your lucky day, please read on ….
Our client, a global brand experience agency, works with global brands on experiential marketing campaigns that drives footfall and generates brand advocacy.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the Business Development Director will be responsible for developing excellent relationships with assigned prospects and clients that support business retention. You will be the agency's principle contact for assigned prospects and clients and provide strategic guidance around the full range of services offered. Your responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all assigned prospect account contacts
- Build awareness of their value proposition as well as the full breadth of the services they offer.
- Build a sales pipeline of new business opportunities due to come up for tender over the coming 1-5 years.
- Uncover new business opportunities and secure new business in line with agreed sales targets.
- Identify key stakeholders through cold calling/emailing/online research/social media and meeting via targeted events.
- Build sufficient intelligence about the prospect business, the events they execute, their incumbent agency/agencies and the motivation to switch to the agency to support a positive sales effort in the future.
- Record all interactions and company insight in the agency CRM system ensuring all calls, meetings and other interactions with clients and prospects are recorded accurately.
- Ensure quality process and tools are incorporated into all daily activates to drive effectives and maintain the highest client service standards. Share learnings and best practice with the wider business.
- Win ration on accepted tenders
- Targets for retained business and net new sales
- Ratio of accepted versus rejected tenders after commercial evaluation (go/no go ratio)
- Sales of services across the full agency offering
- Positive client feedback
- Positive internal 360 feedback
Is it you?
The Business Development Director will require significant experience in exhibitions, events and ideally digital and experiential marketing, and be an excellent communicator and a proactive team player. As an ambassador for the agency's brand you can uphold their reputation in the industry. The role is based in their SE England headquarters, but international travel is expected. Some of your experience and skills must include:
- Be comfortable and confident with delivering pitches to prospect clients by following the agency's pitch process for all new business opportunities.
- Able to create pitch budgets by outlining the investment required to win, the resources required to support the pitch proposal and define timelines
- Can share knowledge and best practice with the wider business and act as a mentor to junior colleagues.
- Be energetic and act on your own initiative and have passion in what you do. You are innovative by learning from the past but focus on the future, and are a committed member of the team, the agency and their clients and partners you work for/with.
If you are some or all of the above then we urge you to get in touch immediately.
Salary: up to £150K plus benefits and an OTE of £250k
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
To be instantly considered for this role please apply via the link and send Ali your CV. Ali can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.
- Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter
- Job Title:
- Business Development Director-Brand Experience Agency-SE Eng
- Contract type:
- Client Services
- Buckinghamshire, England
- Up to £150000.00 per annum + benefits & OTE of £250K
- Contact name:
- Ali Wallace
- Contact email:
- Publish date: