Digital e-Retailer are looking for a Freelance Backend Developer with at least 4 years experience to join their engineering team, in this remote friendly role within European timezone. Read on to find out more
DNA Recruit are excited to be helping a client who enable NFTs to engage with collectors and followers, creating experiences across digital & physical worlds, and the tech atelier of digital creative excellence, for a new kind of unforgettable living experiences, & going beyond the design of surreal places and properties when it comes to the Metaverse, by creating unforgettable moments in life. By enabling brands to tap into its endless opportunities & usher them into Gen Z and Alpha's playground for renewed & memorable emotions our client pushes the limits to make the Metaverse an ever more inspiring & engaging place. Always diversifying & adapting their value proposition promptly, even through the anticipation of times & market trends.
The Backend Developer role is to create new solutions and components that are meant to answer a global scale, help develop scalable & sustainable systems throughout all their web & mobile products, & contribute to the update of the team's software development process as well as :
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, & maintenance of the business's applications & domains.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to align & communicate the team's development & delivery process.
- Influence the decision towards a decentralised microservice architecture of the company's backend services.
- Deliver high-quality software features that meet coding & design patterns best practices.
- Follow DevOps best practices - including continuous integration & unit testing.
- Contribute to setting the engineering best practices in writing maintainable and scalable code & influencing the team decisions.
- Emphasise on the team's operational excellence through automation and relevant operational best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify the technical requirements independently, assessing development estimates & design options.
Is it you?
As Backend Developer you have at least 4 years proven working experience in Backend Development, NodeJS including ExpressJS framework and related technologies, relational databases (Postgres), building APIs e.g. GraphQL architecture, asynchronous communication, & a strong understanding of web technology concepts: HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs, etc as well as information security concepts & concerns: such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
Other skills include:
- familiar with agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM or KANBAN
- self-starter who loves to get things done & are goal oriented.
- fluent in English (mandatory), fluency in Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- design & business acumen: you understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers.
- adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong.
- excited to learn from and teach others & enjoy getting involved with every stage of the software development lifecycle.
- previous experience working in a Test Driven environment and understand the benefits.
- ability of seeing the value in developers owning production software & view failure as a chance to learn.
- prior experience handling cryptocurrencies and collecting NFTs is preferred
- are adaptable to start-up environments would be preferred with a roll-up your sleeves mentality, team-spirited, positive attitude & seeing solutions rather than problems are a must!
This role is fully remote from within UK and Europe, providing your work day overlaps 2 hours of CET/CEST time zone, 2 hours in front or behind CET/CEST time zone
Salary: DOE plus benefits - Please specify day rate with your application
An exciting opportunity, & if you wish to be considered for this role on a contract, permanent or freelance basis please click apply and send us your CV Job Ref: 10403
DNA is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in vouchers for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link for the job advert onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
DNA Recruit deliver dynamic recruitment, search and talent solutions and provide insight, knowledge and credible introductions necessary for client side and agency roles. Areas we specialise in New Business, Account and Project Management, Strategy and Planning, Events, Experiential, Creative and User Experience Design, Technology, Product, Marketing and Data roles for permanent, contract and freelance recruitment, search and selection, talent advisory and consulting across the UK and globally.