Account Manager - Conference & Events - London
Are you a highly experienced Account Manager who has extensive venue sales experience or knowledge of the conference & exhibitions sector? If so, this could be the perfect role for you!
DNA Recruit are working with a leading events venue, who are looking to recruit a highly experienced Account Manager to join their talented team. The responsibilities will be to proactively generate new corporate business and bid opportunities, and to develop existing corporate and third-party agency accounts, by identifying and closing profitable business for the venue.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities using available resources including marketing activities to close high yield business quickly and efficiently.
- Achieve and exceed individual and company financial targets.
- Maintain a network of contacts and agencies that enhances opportunities for new and repeat business.
- Identify appropriate situations to up-sell the venues services to increase overall yields.
- Effectively manage and develop existing clients to ensure high levels of repeat business and account growth.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and service and effectively and professionally manage client relationships from initial enquiry to post event.
- Sell the venue and relevant Service Partners to potential clients in a professional and coherent manner in both the UK and Overseas.
- Ensure the use of the Company's marketing guidelines to effectively communicate the brand.
- Attend networking events and industry related conferences as required by the Head of Sales.
- Develop strong relations with clients through face-to-face activity and telephone sales. Use every opportunity to create new business contacts and potential leads.
- Previous experience developing and executing sales strategies across multi-disciplinary sectors with a solid track record in managing a portfolio of clients
- Experience of growing and maintaining key accounts, developing account relationships and spotting opportunities for accounts to grow and deliver increased sales to the venue and company
- Able to demonstrate a solid track record of business development experience within corporate, agency, industry, associations or other events industry clients (from both new and existing clients), using a destination marketing approach and consultative selling techniques
- Experience in securing preferred supplier status with corporate clients
- The ability to identify high vs low potential business
- Ability to present and communicate at senior management level
- High degree of emotional intelligence, influencing and relationship skills
- Negotiation skills
- Drive, energy and persistence to drive new and existing sales
- Proven track record of innovative and creative thinking that drives strategic revenue growth
- Possess a high degree of commercial awareness and the ability to understand the links between sales and profit
- Able to convert meeting and event enquiries and leads into confirmed business
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
For anyone who is interested in this role then please send your CV to me via the "link" below to be considered. I can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what my client is looking for.
- Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
- We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter
- Job Title:
- Account Manager - Conference & Events - London
- Contract type:
- Events & Experiential
- London, England
- Up to £39000.00 per annum
- Contact name:
- Gemma Knight
- Contact email:
- Publish date: